Requirements for Playground Contractors : 
  1. APPLICATION for CONTRACTOR REGISTRATION - completed, signed, and notarized.
    1. a surety bond issued by an insurer or other surety company (AS 08.18.071), with the bonding company’s power of attorney (and the bond must be signed by both the principal and the surety), page 3; or
    2. a Time Certificate of Deposit or Savings Passbook issued by a bank or trust company authorized to do business in Alaska (must be physically located in Alaska). The certificate or passbook should read, “State of Alaska in trust for (contractor) .” The original certificate or passbook is held by the State and must have a properly executed Assignment of Cash Deposit form (page 4 of this application); or
    3. a cashier’s check. Cash will be deposited in a Trust Account established by the State, which does NOT pay interest. A completed, signed, and notarized Assignment of Cash Deposit form (page 4 of this application) must accompany the cashiers check.
  3. LIABILITY INSURANCE - A certificate of insurance for public liability and property damage insurance (not less than $20,000 property damage, $50,000 injury or death to one person, $100,000 injury or death to more than one person). Either a certificate of insurance issued by an insurance agency or page 5 of the contractor application.
  4. WORKERS’ COMPENSATION - If coverage IS required, a certificate of insurance for workers’ compensation insurance issued by an insurance agency or page 6 of the contractor application. If workers’ compensation coverage IS NOT required, give an explanation of why it is not. The form must be signed and dated.
  5. FEE - New applications, $250 ($50 - nonrefundable application fee, $200 license fee). For changes, see fee schedule. Check or money order should be made payable to the State of Alaska.