Requirements for Playground Contractors :
- The State of Delaware Division of Professional Regulation requires a Non-Residential Contractors License. There is a $75 annual fee.
- Within ten days of entering a contract to build in Delaware, a contractor must provide the Delaware Department of Finance a statement of the total value of the contract together with the names and addresses of the contracting parties, by filing form 5060.
- Projects over $20,000 require that the contractor apply for a surety or cash bond to the Division of Revenue equal to 6% of the total of all contracts exceeding $20,000 for construction within Delaware.
- Contractors will also be required to provide verification of Worker’s Compensation Insurance and general liability information.
- Forms and additional information can be found on the Delaware Dept. of Revenue website: www.state.de.us/revenue.