Requirements for Playground Contractors :
- License for projects $50,000.00 or more.
- There is a sixty (60) day waiting period for out-of-state contractors from the date an application is received in this office before a license can be issued.
- Obtain a Certificate of Good Standing (Corp.) or Existence (LLC) to do business in Louisiana before the contractor’s license can be issued. Contact: Secretary of State, P.O. Box 94125, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70804-9125, Phone (225) 925-4704.
- A basic written examination is given.
- TAXES AND FEES:
- The State of Louisiana imposes sales and use, individual income, withholding, corporate income, corporate franchise, gasoline, and special fuels taxes. For information contact: Collector of Revenue, P.O. Box 201, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70821, Phone (225) 925-7356.
- Unemployment Compensation Contact: Louisiana Department of Employment Security, P.O. Box 94094, Capital Station, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70804-9094, Phone (225) 342-3111.
- License fees are $100 for the first specialty, $95 for each additional specialty.
All cities and most towns in Louisiana require all construction to be registered and a permit issued for same; such offices are generally located in the Municipal Building. Municipal Building Codes, Occupational & Sales Tax vary for each municipality and should be checked locally.